With 15,000 Goodstart team members across 661 centres nurturing 63,600 children, we’re Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. From our centre teams to our support teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety is deeply embedded in our culture, and we are committed to contributing to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander social justice and equality through reconciliation efforts.
Reporting to the General Manager, Network Operations, the State Manager SA & NT oversees 62 of the nation’s 661 centres. The State Manager plays a pivotal role in ensuring the excellence of every centre by focusing on the quality of Centre Directors and outcomes for children.
Looking ahead, Goodstart is determined to lead in innovative teaching and inclusion practices, adapting to the evolving needs of children, families, and their workforce. Their ambitious 2025 goals involve embracing flexibility, fostering a sense of belonging, realising potential, and leveraging their scale to create positive impacts both internally and externally.
- Provides strategic guidance and leadership to all centres in alignment with the centre-led philosophy embedded across the national portfolio.
- Creating and upholding a culture that reflects Goodstart Early Learning’s Guiding Principles and Foundations is a key responsibility.
- Positioning Goodstart as a prominent advocate for high-quality early childhood education and fostering collaboration with other providers, government bodies, and representatives.
What Goodstart can offer you
- Work for a company that has an aspiration to be globally recognised for early years practice and learning outcomes.
- Gain significant investment in your growth and development with support, tools, training and experiences that will truly enhance the progress and outcomes for children in their earliest years.
- Be a part of a team and work environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging, inclusion and purpose.
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduce your taxable income to increase take home pay.
- Access to discounted childcare (up to 15%).
- Flexible work arrangements giving you choice about when and how work will be done in order to better manage your work and non-work needs.
- Discounted health care and access to employee wellbeing program with BUPA.
- Exclusive discounts on travel, gym memberships, Apple and Dell products, and more.
- Security and stability – as Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care and a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families.
You’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Education in early Childhood or Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care with relevant experience or Diploma of Training and / or Business Management (or equivalent).
- Extensive experience in managing multiple Services at one time.
- Has extensive experience in a similar role or as an Area Managers role.
- Demonstrated experience of leading and supporting Centre Managers and teams, providing guidance and training as needed.
- Capabilities to assist in the development and implementation of policies and processes ensuring best practice.
- Experience in conflict resolution, performance assessments and workplace relations.
- Ability to work autonomously and across various locations with the flexibility to travel across all metro locations is a necessity.
- Understanding and drive to meet KPI’s and assist Centre’s in driving their individual KPI’s.
- Currently hold the following – Open Licence, First Aid certificate, WWCC, Police Clearance.
People for Purpose is partnering with Goodstart Early Learning to lead the search for this role.
We invite you to read the Position description here. To review their annual reports and financial statements, please visit their website here.
Once you have absorbed this information and completed your own research, if you have specific questions, please call us on 0468 625 252 or email [email protected]
To apply, as well as your CV, you must submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in representing Goodstart Early Learning and how your skills and experience align to this opportunity.
Applications close at 10am on Sunday, 8 October 2023